1.8
Style and Design
Usability

Received the Ionic on 12/25 as a Christmas gift.Case is peeling and they refuse to replace as defective because it was purchased in Oct even though they can clearly see who purchased it and that is was not activated until 12/25.

They refuse to change the policy of returns because it was purchased over 45 days and the policy clearly states no returns accepted past 45 days. Also, they do not consider the peeling of the paint a warranty or defective issue of the product. Keep in mind, customer service is in South America and they have no authority to do anything. Stay away.

I have had fit bits for 5 years.

No more, go with Apple.They stand behind their product.

Review about: Fitbit Smartwatch.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: replacement.

I didn't like: Everything above.

Comments

Update: Fitbit finally got back to me and after a week of review decided to replace the Fitbit.Although I very happy that they did the right thing, it shouldn’t have been so frustrating.

I do understand that they need to have policies as some people could take advantage and claim damage that they did themselves, however, the final review of my case was denied until I continuously pursued their unfair decision.Thank you Fitbit for replacing my Ionic, but please review your internal customer service policies to be more flexible.

FitbitSupport
Fitbit Verified Representative

Hi there,

This is definitely not the experience we want you to have with the new Fitbit Ionic. We'd like to review your engagement with our team, please respond with the support case number.

We hope to hear from you soon,

Best,

Fitbit Support

to FitbitSupport #1415129

It already is supposed to be in review and I am waiting for a response since Friday. Fitbit support told me they are looking into it, but again, I have not had a response. I am hoping for a good outcome.